Aluminum is the most widely used non-ferrous metal. Aluminum can be used in ordinary objects, such as aluminum foil or aluminum cans, as well as in extremely special applications, such as parts of spaceships and submarines.
The aluminum used for CNC aluminum service is not pure aluminum, it always contains a small amount of alloying elements. Standard aluminum still contains 99% to 99.6% aluminum (elemental) by weight, with the remaining percentage made up of common materials such as silicon, manganese, magnesium, copper, and zinc.
Our(Shenzhen DMTC Intelligent Technology CO., LTD) CNC aluminum service support to do a series of aluminum alloy products for the customer.
The main Aluminum Grades of DMTC’s CNC aluminum service are as below:
- Aluminum Alloys in the 1000 series: Among the various aluminum alloys, the 1000 series stands out with the highest aluminum content, surpassing 99.00% in purity. Because it does not contain other metal elements, the production process is more simple, and also the price is cheaper. It is the most commonly used series in many conventional industries.
2000 series aluminum alloys: Representative models of 2000 series aluminum alloys are 2024, 2A16 (LY16), and 2A02 (LY6). The 2000 series aluminum is characterized by high hardness, among which the copper content is the highest, about 3-5%, and manganese, magnesium, lead, and bismuth are also added for machinability. 2000 series aluminum has always been used in the aviation industry.
- 3000 series aluminum alloys: The representative models of 3000 series aluminum alloys are mainly 3003 and 3A21. The Manganese is the main element in the 3000 series aluminum rod, the content is between 1.0-1.5, and it is a series with better anti-rust function. 3004 aluminum also contains magnesium and is an aluminum alloy often used in aluminum beverage cans.
- 4000 series aluminum alloys: The representative model of the 4000 series aluminum alloy is 4A01. The aluminum plate of the 4000 series is a series with a high silicon content, usually between 4.5-6.0%, and is a building material, mechanical parts forging material, and welding material, and has a low melting point, good corrosion resistance, and other characteristics.
- Aluminum Alloys in the 5000 series: Notable examples in the 5000 series include 5052, 5005, 5083, and 5A05. These alloys are primarily composed of aluminum and magnesium, with magnesium content ranging from 3-5%. Hence, they are commonly referred to as aluminum-magnesium alloys. Its main features are low density, high tensile strength, high elongation, and good fatigue strength, but it cannot be strengthened by heat treatment. It is also widely used in many conventional industries.
- 6000 series aluminum alloys: The representative model of the 6000 series aluminum alloy is 6061. The 6000 series mainly contains two elements, magnesium, and silicon, and this series is generally easy to process and can be precipitation hardened. Aluminum 6061 is a precipitation-hardening aluminum alloy, suitable for applications that require high corrosion resistance and oxidation resistance.
- 7000 series aluminum alloys: The representative model of the 7000 series aluminum alloy is 7075. The 7000 series belongs to the aviation series and mainly contains zinc elements, as well as copper, chromium, and magnesium. It can be hardened by precipitation to become the strongest among all aluminum alloys. It with high wear resistance and good weldability, but poor corrosion resistance.
Application of CNC aluminum service in the industry:
Aluminum alloys have many desirable properties. As a result, CNC-machined aluminum parts are essential in several industries:
Aerospace: due to its high strength-to-weight ratio, some aircraft parts are made of machined aluminum;
- Automotive: Similar to the aerospace industry, several parts in the automotive industry, such as shafts and other components, are made of aluminum;
- Electricity: because of the character of high conductivity, CNC aluminum parts are often made as electronic components in the electrical industry;
- Food/Pharmaceutical: Aluminum components play an important role in the food and pharmaceutical industries due to their non-reaction with most organic substances;
- Sports: aluminum is often used to make the sports equipment for the Gymnasium.
Shenzhen DMTC Intelligent Technology CO., LTD is an enterprise engaged in CNC aluminum service, we( Shenzhen DMTC Intelligent Technology CO., LTD) can provide the highest quality surface finish for CNC machining aluminum parts by using 3-axis and 5-axis CNC machines according to the needs of the customers. We Strictly implement the quality standard requirements, strictly implement the process operation specifications, set up multiple quality inspection procedures, and each product has undergone strict quality inspections to ensure that providing high-quality CNC aluminum service for every customer.